Thursday, October 19, 2006

Day Seven: Big Mama is Coming Home!


We woke up to Day Seven without Big Mama this morning. Actually, we were woken up at 5:00 am by Big Mama herself, calling to let me know I needed to get a different set of keys out for Edgar. Naturally, I couldn't get back to sleep. So of course I called her back and told her if she was going to wake me up at the crack of dawn, the least she could do is keep me company.

Tony heard me skulking around in the kitchen trying to make the coffee, so he scurried out to lurk over my shoulder. Chuy spent his sixth night in a row upstairs with me and Ray, and we were joined by Lily as well. Tabby and Nando tried to sneak in too, but I booted those two over to Grandma's when it was 8:45 at night and all three toddlers were still awake.

Honest to goodness, I think I've gotten used to this. And even more strangely, instead of this experience scaring me away from children forever, its really making me think it might be time to start adopting.

Maybe I just need a good night's sleep.

- posted, for the last time, by Sarah

2 comments:

Tina said...

I knew it. It was a plan the whole time to find someone willing to take on a large sibling group. Your Mom will do anything to recruit for a group of kids. LOL

You are doing a great job with the family. When I have had to leave my older girls in charge for a few days, they are so ready for me to come home and talk about never having children after.

Mary said...

Sarah, you and I really do have a lot in common!

So happy to hear Big Momma's coming home.