Friday, October 13, 2006

Postcards from the Edge, Day One, Volume II

Big Mama is out of surgery, but she won't be coming home any earlier than Tuesday. She doesn't know this yet. May the force be with the doctor who has to break that to her.

Ms. Carr is spreading the news that mom is out of surgery around the elementary school right now, assuaging the fears of all Big Mama's kids who have been lurking around, feigning fevers and whatnot, trying to come up with an excuse to call home.

Grandpa has finally finished sweeping the ceiling (yeah, you read that right, he was sweeping the ceiling) and has gone home to take a nap. The squabbling sounds of Odd Toddler, Tabby and Nando is music to my ears after listening to that darn Kirby all morning.

- posted by Sarah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Thank you for updating your mom's blog. I was happy to read that she is out of surgery. I've been thinking of her and your entire family all day.
I look forward to reading your updates. May your weekend (and the weeks ahead) with the children go as smoothly as possible. Hopefully they are feeling a little better now that she is out of surgery.

Take care,
Jane
Texas

natalie said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. I will definitely continuing praying for ya'll and for a fast recovery for Cindy.

Love ya'll,
Natalie

Robin said...

Cindy,
We have been praying for you all day. I just sat down to see if anyone was blogging for you. Glad to see you are out of surgery. I hope they update before I go to bed. Take care of yourself. Take a nap for me : ) Robin